A song for Monday

Today I feel like a bloated whale without a brain. But a friend played this song for us on Friday night and I loved it. It's by a band called The Brendan Hines. I couldn't find the lyrics online so I interpreted myself...there's one word I can't understand so I'm just putting an asterisk there, but given the rest of the song, I'm sure it's witty and apropos. And check out their other music...I like them.

I MISS NEW YORK

Hobos and tacos and broken down Hondas
No-doz and slow-mo's and Jane fucking Fondas
Sunshine and red wine and "How was the torque?"
I miss New York

Fuck you but thank you
May I ask who's calling
Run-thru's and Jet Blues and beach volleyballing
Palm trees, exposed knees, a punched Mickey Rourke
But I miss New York

Washington Square are you still there?
Do you still have drugs, jugglers and bugs to spare?

Sunglasses, free passes and come see my band
Valets and bad plays and condoms and sand
Freeways and delays
Carnitas means pork
But I miss New York

****, mad dog stares and avocados
Drunk driving, high fiving, money up my nose
Texting and sexing
I hugged mickey rourke
I miss New York

Tompkins square are you still there
Do you still have bugs, mohawks and drugs to spare?

Posted byMeesh-elle my Belle at 6:02 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment