Confessions of a New Yorker in LA

I have to admit that I'm happy to be in sunny and 70 in January rather than cloudy with the possibility of rain and 35.

I have to admit that I'm enjoying having a car to get me around and get me out that doesn't cost me $85/day to rent.

I have to admit that while there are days that are lonely in Los Angeles, I know there are days that are lonely in New York as well.

I have to admit that I like being able to take hikes in the outdoors rather than get on a treadmill in the gym.

I have to admit that there's something nice about having a spacious house with a living room and dining room and a kitchen to cook instead of 500 square feet where the kitchen, dining room and living room are all one.

I have to admit that I love being able to throw on a sweater and walk outside rather than bundle up in scarves and mittens and hats and coats and layer upon layer to keep me warm.

I have to admit that I don't miss walking through the slush or pushing my way through Times Square.

I have to admit that I actually like eating at home every so often - and being able to grocery shop at the farmer's market every Sunday.

I have to admit that it's nice not to be surrounded by shopping stimuli at every corner.

I have to admit that I love the Arclight and have trouble seeing movies anywhere where I can't get an assigned seat now.

I have to admit that it's pretty damn nice living so close to the ocean.

I have to admit that I think I would miss New York a lot less if I could visit it just a little bit more.

Posted byMeesh-elle my Belle at 1:44 PM  

1 comments:

Brucenstan's Momma said... January 21, 2008 at 1:11 AM  

aw, shucks,-- this post warmed my heart. and... i had a"HAHA!" out loud laugh moment when i read that arc light comment-- i know i know i know!!! we were just talking about that-- not having to get to the movies 1 hr and 45 min early to get a good seat, it's just fabulous. anywho-- i miss u. can't wait to read the posts when you get back from dancing in the SUNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Post a Comment