Thursday

I love my dog. I love her more than I ever realized I could love an animal. I love her as much as most people in my life and more than some. I love the way she jumps up to greet me when I get home- running to the door, tail wagging fiercely. I love the way she stretches into downward dog, her little arched bag stretching as far as it can possibly go. I love the way she burrows under the covers and curls into my side. She needs to find the perfect position - she never flops down...she always makes sure that she moves in just so. And the way that she crawls up next to me and lays her head down on my shoulder. I love her little body, her single while paw, the little white dot in the nape of her neck. I love that she turns little dog dis-likers into little dog lovers.

She's a golden retriever in the body of a chihuahua. She's intuitive - insanely intuitive. She knows when something is wrong and she kisses you to make it better. She crawls up on my belly and kisses away my tears until the only thing I can possibly do is smile and be in love with her no matter what else is going on.
I fell in love with her the second we saw her tucked behind a tire in the parking lot in Hollywood. We turned on the headlights and there she was - her itty bitty head peering out from behind. She leaped into his arms like she knew she was home...and that night, all 5 pounds of her slept curled in a little ball on a pillow.

She smiles - you can see it in her eyes when she smiles. And she nudges me gently awake in the morning to let me know it's time to go out. I love our morning walks together...She makes me laugh first thing in the morning. There's no better gift than that.

Posted byMeesh-elle my Belle at 2:53 PM  

3 comments:

Anonymous said... November 16, 2007 at 5:32 PM  

What a pretty boo girl.
Miss ya.
Cousin Sadie Mae

Brucenstan's Momma said... November 17, 2007 at 9:27 PM  

we love her, too.

xoxo

Anonymous said... November 18, 2007 at 7:46 AM  

I know exactly how you feel.

Post a Comment