The temple within

I can feel the breath moving from the top of my head all the way down through my spine. I can feel my back lengthening, making me two inches taller than I was before. I love the strength of my arms as they take on the entire weight of my body, lowering gently to the floor. The breath rushes through me providing a high no drugs or alcohol could ever compete with. My back arches deeply and I feel alive.

In this moment, I am keenly aware that I can do anything, overcome any fear, any problem - that everything I could ever possibly need to live a full life is on the mat with me. My mind empties and listens only to the sound of the deep inhale and exhale - like a sweet song. As the dance continues I have moments of thoughts:

Will the strike get settled when they sit down in a week? Inhale, exhale. So hum - I am truth.

We will name our first child after both of our mother's mothers. The child will have their spirit, their souls. Inhale, exhale. So hum - I am truth...

I was supposed to call Sandy at 5 PM. Shit. Inhale, exhale...

It has been in interesting and crazy year...a year of many lessons. So hum, so hum...

My yoga practice is an interesting jumping point for a book. Inhale...

My hips are still so tight...inhale, exhale.

I can't wait for Sharon's visit...inhale...so hum.

I loved this day...inhale, exhale.
I loved this day..stay in this moment....

And again, I clear my brain. I feel the breath coursing through me. I feel the sweat drip down my back as my body temperature rises and my limbs flow from movement to movement. I feel the resistance in moments of difficulty. My body reminds me that it can move through. It reminds me that moving through the difficult poses will make me stronger. That moving through the difficult moments will make me stronger. My body reminds me that it is strong. My body reminds me that I can handle anything that comes my way.

Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. "So hum" I sing in my head. I am truth. Truth is my name.

I dance the dance, slowly, beautifully, drawing on the energy of those in my presence. Strangers whose energy fills me up and propels me forward when I am uncertain that I can propel myself. And I know that I too have given them the energy in moments when they were lacking...What a gift we have to give energy to others and to rely on it from them when we are in moments of need.

Inhale, exhale. My body feels strong, my mind feels wise. I am one with myself for a moment and I am reminded of the beauty within.

Inhale, exhale. Inhale...

Posted byMeesh-elle my Belle at 8:15 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment