I'm baaaaaaack

I'm back and there are many, MANY things to discuss upon my return - so much so that I am mildly overwhelmed by where I should begin. There's too much to put all in one post so I'll start with the basics...

Puerto Rico was lovely and tropical, relaxing and refreshing. While it wasn't my favorite tropical destination, I'm hard up to knock any place with gorgeous turquoise waters and the sound of the waves hitting the sand. I slept a lot, read a lot and swam in the salty blue sea. It was fabulous and I think we should all take more vacations more often. It gives the brain time to rest and to fully appreciate what life is about.

Of course I am now suffering from back pain from the 8+ hours of flying that we did on the way back. If there's any way to undo all the good a vacation does for your physical body, it's to get on a freaking airplane. And here's another of course - if we lived in NYC, then the flight would be a mere 3.5 hours (not to mention direct) as opposed to the 2 flights we had to take totally 10 hours if you include our layover time. I can find 50 million things wrong with LAX not the least of which is the fact that every other airport seems to have the ability to get our luggage out within 20 minutes of landing but we inevitably end up waiting 45 minutes at LAX every time we have to check luggage (some of which they lost and when found, took it upon themselves to deliver to us at 3:30 in the freaking morning.)

And now I'm back at work - sans the work since there's very much still a writer's strike going on. I'm headed to the Grove for lunch where the gargantuan Christmas tree will have to do as a sorry substitute for Rockefeller Center. And as I walk over without a coat, I'll wish I had a reason to wear a scarf and a hat...

Posted byMeesh-elle my Belle at 12:09 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment