Happy Thanksgiving

We are in New York for Thanksgiving and I am home. I feel it every time and it never ceases to amaze me...the connection I feel as soon as I fly into JFK. I feel at home. It has been far too short but wonderful nonetheless. Filled with the Hudson River and the subway and Manhattan and adventures in Brooklyn and car services and wine and fabulous food and family and friends and laughter and warmth and love. All in just 24 hours. I am thankful for many, many things not the least of which is my readers who let me know that my writing effects their lives. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday filled with all of the above and more.

I'm off to Puerto Rico. Have a fantastic week.

Posted byMeesh-elle my Belle at 6:24 PM  

3 comments:

Anonymous said... November 23, 2007 at 7:55 AM  

Happy Thanksgiving Michelle, and your fam of course! Enjoy the Sunshine in Puerto Rico, you deserve it.

Brucenstan's Momma said... November 26, 2007 at 11:12 PM  

we just got back to LA after a whirlwind trip away. and now... i await a great blog or ten about PR!!! ahhh, vacations. i forgot what those are like. please write soon and paint me a fabulous picture.

xo

s

Unknown said... November 27, 2007 at 2:15 PM  

Can I just tell you how much I love your blog? I am a Jewish NYer living in LA because my husband (boyfriend at the time) moved here for work. My sentiments TOTALLY echo yours and with every entry I read it becomes clear just how in line our thoughts about LA people, food, weather etc are. When I returned to LA last week from my wedding hoopla in NY and honeymoon abroad, on the way home from the airport I just kept thinking over and over about Neil Diamond's song "I am...I said." You can check out all the lyrics that are so on point, but these stick out to me:
LA's fine but it ain't home
NY's home but it ain't mine no more

Keep writing, I want to hear more!

Post a Comment