and the #1 reason to leave LA....

Forget the vapid people, the stupid entertainment industry, the absence of fall, winter and spring. Forget the dearth of fabulous restaurants, the 5+ hour flights, the number of hours I spend in a car.

Earthquake outshines all these other reasons to get the hell out. It's moved to number one on my list.

A 5.4 earthquake to be exact.

I think it's time to move back east.

Someone please be kind enough to explain to me how a CONCRETE structure can sway like it's a kite, blowing in the wind?

I do not ever, EVER in my life need to experience another earthquake. EVER.

NYC...you're calling my name more and more every day.

Posted byMeesh-elle my Belle at 12:37 PM  

3 comments:

nicole antoinette said... July 30, 2008 at 7:18 AM  

It was a 5.8 actually! And yeah, earthquakes are awful. Even ones that I don't feel too much like yesterdays make me queasy and motion sick-like for hours afterwards. It's bizarre.

The Alleged Ringleader said... July 30, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

The buildings are on rollers preventing them from twisting, crumbling, and falling down.
Although the swaying is scary, it's basically what allows the buildings to "give" without causing major damage.
I would much prefer an Earthquake than a hurricane or Tornado - hmmm but NYC doesn't really have any of those!

megabrooke said... July 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

are you okay?! did you feel it at all?

come EAST! come to boston!

Post a Comment